Visiting Villa Lena for two nights after a trip to Florence, our very short stay didn’t feel so at all. We came with our children, aged six and one. This is what we remember:
- driving up the hill: the Tuscan scenery
- swimming, swimming, swimming!
- watching the fireflies at night outside our bedroom window
- pizza night and meeting the local pizza master
- dancing on the yoga deck
- visiting the artists’ studios
- painting by the swimming pool with Oliver and Luna
- finding a unicorn
- making friends with Margot (the chef-in-residence)
- evening meals altogether
- a heart made of flowers
- colouring in at breakfast time
- making a daisy crown on our walk to Toiano Vecchio
- gifts from new friends
In short: magic and community.
Thank you Jenny for visiting us. It was a real pleaseure to welcome you. We hope to see you very soon!